Welcome To The ColdBox Wiki
The ColdFusion Enterprise Conventions Based Object Oriented Framework
General Platform Information
- Credits : A thank you to the team and collaborators
- Site Usage : Checkout some of the companies, websites and applications that run ColdBox
- Books : Check out the ColdBox Books Library
- ColdBox Case Studies : Our collection of Company Case Studies using the ColdBox Platform
- Github Source
- Bug Tracker
- Professional Services
Training & Events
- Into The Box 2014 - May 13 in Bloomington, MN (Coming Soon!)
- CF.Objective 2014 Conference - May 13-16 in Bloomington, MN (http://www.cfobjective.com)
- ColdBox Bootcamp at SOTR 2014 - June 2-4 in Edinburgh, Scotland (http://coldbox-sotr.eventbrite.com)
- Scotch on the Rocks 2014 Conference - June 5-6 in Edinburgh, Scotland (http://sotr.eu)
Below are our available online training courses, which are also available for iOS devices:
PDF Ref Cards
Use these quick start reference cards to get up and running on our tools
Did you know we have now over 25 hours worth of video screen casts? Check out our media channels:
What's New ?
A collection of all the what's new documents for each release.
- ColdBox LITE
- TestBox xUnit and BDD Framework
These guides are to help developers migrate to new versions of the framework.
Installing & Getting Ready For Development
This section contains the necessary information to install, upgrade, maintain and get ready to start developing in ColdBox.
- Installing ColdBox
- Refactoring ColdBox for Custom Installations
- Installing IDE Syntax Dictionaries
- Adobe CF Builder Extension : ColdBox Platform Utilities
- ColdBox Platform Refcard
- Cool CheatSheet
ColdBox LITE is the MVC only portions of the ColdBox Platform.
This section gives you an introductory or getting started feel to ColdBox Development!
- ColdBox Overview
- My First ColdBox Application
- Application Directory Structure & Conventions
- ColdBox MVC & Remote Request Life Cycles
This section gives you the insight needed to use configuration settings and logging in your ColdBox Applications.
- The ColdBox Configuration CFC
- Interacting With Settings
- Application.cfc Bootstrapper
- ColdBox URL Actions
- Fun Logging with LogBox
This section delves into the model layer of MVC, ORM integration, dependency injection and much more.
- Model Integration
- Validating Objects & Forms
- Model Dependency Injection
- Behavior Driven Development
- Testing Driven Development
- Model Aspect Oriented Programming
- Built-in ORM Services
Discover ColdBox layout and view rendering
Learn how to build and leverage ColdBox events.
Discover the main class for transporting and dealing with requests.
Learn how to extend ColdBox
Down The Rabbit Hole
Deeper we go down the rabbit hole with cool advanced topics.
- Managing ColdBox Exceptions
- The Flash RAM Object & Webflows
- CacheBox: The ColdBox Enterprise Caching Engine
- ColdBox Proxy: Powering Flex/AIR/Remote Applications
- Internationalization Guide (i18n)
- ColdBox Security: Securing your applications
- Dependency Injection via WireBox
- Aspect Oriented Programming via WireBox
- ColdBox ColdSpring Integration
- ColdBox LightWire Integration
- Transfer ORM Support
- Reactor ORM Support
- ColdBox Recipes
Testing ColdBox Applications
Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and so much more.
- TestBox: BDD/TDD for you and me!
- Getting started with BDD
- Getting started with Unit Testing and TDD
- ColdBox Unit Testing & Integration Testing
- Mocking and Stubbing in ColdBox Applications
Visit our Core Plugins Page Browser
- AntiSamy - Built in XSS cleanup tool
- Application Storage - Interface to the Application scope, the OO way
- BeanFactory - Our interface to WireBox
- Client Storage - Interface to the Client scope, the OO way
- Cluster Storage - Interface to the Cluster scope, the OO way
- Cookie Storage - Interface to the Cookie scope, the OO way
- Date Utility - Help you with funky dates
- Feed Reader Plugin - Read any feed
- Feed Generator Plugin - Generate any feed
- Feed Generator Elements
- File Utility - Cool file utility methods
- HTMLHelper - Get fancy with HTML
- IOC Plugin - Interface to Inversion of Control frameworks
- JavaLoader - Get funky and interact with java the easy way
- JVMUtils - Talk to our favorite friend
- Logger Plugin - Interfacing with LogBox
- Mail Service - Sending mails with token replacements
- MessageBox - Cool little messages for your apps
- Query Helper - Do some query magic with this plugin
- Session Storage - Interface to the Session scope, the OO way
- Timer - Need to time/profile your code to the ColdBox Debugger?
- Webservices - Interact with your set webservices
- XML Converter - Convert anything to XML
- Zip - Zip Anything
This documentation section touches on the theory of MVC, ColdBox application architecture, and an introductory overview to the ColdBox Platform.
- Model-View-Controller Demystified
- ColdFusion Development Best Practices
- ColdFusion SQL Injection Protection Best Practices
- Database Naming Conventions
Standalone Frameworks & Libraries
The ColdBox Platform is composed of several standalone internal frameworks and libraries that can be used on any ColdFusion framework or application. Below are the documents for each standalone library:
- MockBox: The ColdBox Mocking/Stubbing Framework
- CacheBox: The ColdBox Enterprise Caching Engine
- LogBox: The ColdFusion Enterprise Logging Library
- WireBox Dependency Injection
- WireBox Aspect Oriented Programming
- WireBox Entity Injection
The ColdBox standalone projects are a suite of projects, plugins, interceptors, modules, etc that are not part of the core platform but are available as separate downloads from ForgeBox. You can find these and tons of other projects at ForgeBox, our community repository. We are trying to document all official released entries.
- The Groovy Loader Project
- The Lookup Manager Project
- JSMin Compressor for ColdBox Applications
- SASS Implementation in ColdBox
- ColdBox Relax: RESTful Tools For Lazy Experts
- CFCViewer - Love Documentation? Then use this plugin to document ANYTHING!
- String Buffer - Need lots of string concatenations the fast way?
- Cluster/Tier Deployment Interceptor
- ColdBox SideBar
A collection of useful recipes, you can also check out our Recipes Viewer
- Using Helper UDF's and CFC's
- My First Event Handler
- My First Custom Exception Handler
- My First Custom Plugin
- My First Interceptor
- My First Context Decorator
- How to time your code
- Object factory custom plugin
- Loading a custom ColdBox configuration file
- Tracing messages to the debug panel
- Creating a messagebox css
- Creating a Custom exception template
- Caching objects
- Creating a 404 template via onInvalidEvent
- Is there an easy, programmatic way to remove a specific element from the view cache
- Building a simple Basic HTTP Authentication Interceptor
ForgeBox REST API Documentation
ForgeBox is an online repository of anything ColdBox or CodexWiki. Below is the documentation for its RESTful API.
- Community Articles & Tutorials : A collection of community articles and tutorials
- Media & Presentations : A collection of ColdBox media and presentations
- User Group Presentations : A collection of ColdBox user group presentations